|Application for The EMBO Meeting Travel Grant
Extended deadline for The EMBO Meeting 2012
and corresponding travel grant: July 15th, 2012 : Closed
The Belgian Society for Cell and Developmental Biology (BSCDB) awards 2 special travel grants of 500 € each for attending The EMBO Meeting 2012 in Nice, France (www.the-embo-meeting.org).
EMBO itself will waive the registration fee for participation of the two BSCDB travel grant awardees.
Doing so, the BSCDB joins other Societies that have developed a travel support program (see www.the-embo-meeting.org/travelgrants.html ) in collaboration with The EMBO Meeting to attend the meeting in Nice.
In addition, the BSCDB has also committed itself to support the travel grant scheme for the next EMBO Meeting as well.
- be a paid-up member of the BSCDB in 2012 and be affiliated with a Belgian academic/institutional laboratory. See bscdb.ugent.be.
- be a PhD student or a post-doc in the early phase of your career.
- register and submit an abstract for The EMBO Meeting 2012, and indicate in the registration procedure that you are applying for one of the BSCDB travel grants in the context of The EMBO Meeting 2012.
- Deadline for registration for The EMBO Meeting is July 15th, 2012.
- send a copy of your submitted abstract for The EMBO Meeting 2012, a short c.v. (max. 4 A4 pages), and your address and bank account (for both either private or institutional), as one pdf file to the BSCDB secretariat to email@example.com and also to our vice-president firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for application for BSCDB travel grant support for The EMBO Meeting 2012: also July 15th, 2012.
Selection will be based on scientific excellence.
The BSCDB will pay the 500 € directly to the selected applicants on the address/account mentioned in the application file.
Danny Huylebroeck, Prof. Dr.
Laboratory of Molecular Biology (Celgen),
Department of Development and Regeneration, Research Unit Embryo and Stem Cells,
Faculty of Medicine, University of Leuven (KU Leuven),
Campus Gasthuisberg, Building Ond&Nav4 p.o.box 812, room 05.313, Stem Cell Institute,
Herestraat 49, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium